11 May 2011

Taiwan: Bubbleology

I first encountered bubble tea while backpacking around Australia. Every day I would see gaggles of Asian teenagers surrounding a kiosk in a Brisbane shopping centre drinking weird looking concoctions through extra large straws, until one day my curiosity got the better of me and I purchased one of the less weird looking drinks - and my love of Bubble tea was born.

Bubble tea is simply flavored tea (hot or cold) with tapioca pearls at the bottom. Sounds nasty doesn't it ? But trust me, don't knock it 'till you've tried it. And if you do want to try it, Bubbleology is the best place in London to start.

The Bubbleology team trained under renowned Bubble tea masters in Taiwan to ensure that the bubble tea they brought to London was as authentic as possible. Bubbleology offer 13 varieties of tea both fruit and milk based, which come served in over-sized transparent cups with a wide straw through which you drink you tea and suck up the soft chewy tapioca pearls.

So far, I have tried 3 different varieties, kumquat, green apple and coconut and I loved them all. I'm sure in time that I will work my way through the other 10 flavors too.
Bubbleology on Urbanspoon

Address: 49 Rupert Street, Soho, London, WD1 7PF
Opening hours: 8am - 12pm Mon-Fri, 11am-12pm Sat-Sun
Tube: Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo, Piccadilly)
Bus: Lots of buses stop here, check the TFL website for a full list
Car: There is very restricted parking in the area, probably better to take public transport.



View Around the World in London Restaurants in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...